Wednesday, March 18, 2009

... Promotions and Football ...

Saturday, 14th March 2009

Nadia @ the icamp booth

icamp

I had work that day and i woke up late feeling tired from the previous night outing (Friday). Did the usual routine of bathing and dressing up and by 10 something in the morning I'm off to work at Bangsar village. It wasn't the usual workshop club classes like we have during the weekdays. What I'm supposed to be doing that day was to take care of the booth and promote CT Works programs. BV (Bangsar village) was having a School Holiday event, so the concourse and activity area was packed with booths of shops promoting their products and services for the kids. The mall was bustling with life and energy from the young ones. Just in front of our booth there was a huge area for Toys R Us to set up and place toys for sale plus they had an inflatable balloon of Thomas and Friends, so you could imagine the amount of younger children around screaming at their parent for wanting to play. I even saw Jason Lo at BV walking past our booth towards Village Grocer carrying a mini gas tank. Why the gas tank don't ask me. We manage to set up and got the booth up and running by 12.30pm. It started off with just me and Nadia to take care of the booth (Kenny came by later part of the day), promote our workshop clubs and the school holiday programs, handle enquires plus help kids building their Lego projects (it was more of a try out). It's a good holiday program for your kids if they're good at building Lego or drawing animation. It's a challenge. They even have the Gamemaker Guru for the holiday program and you can make game in that five day or the full day. It's more of a crash course. Tho of course it is way much better to join the workshop clubs as the tutorial help you more in depth than the crash course holiday program. Back to the booth, it was overall a good experience for me as I handle both parents and kids. I'm really bad when it comes to handling parents so this helps me take that step forward.


Workshop Membership Cards

Hehe. Worked until 6 something and drove back home to be in time for a footie match later! Hehe. I'm already dead tired by then but an evening with friends and watching Liverpool vs Man Utd was something i wouldn't miss! Got back home, had my shower and relaxed for a while before heading off to Vinod's place to watch the match. It starts at 8.45pm so I'd left at 8.30pm, got some snacks and drove to his place and reached just in time of the opening. His mum, younger bro, his two sisters and his brother in law (his older sister's husband) was there to great me as i went in. Funny part was the host wasn't at home. He'd gone out to pick up Nivin. After a few mins, they arrived just in time before the first goal that was scored by C. Ronaldo through penalty. The match was intense and exciting! I don't think I've enjoyed a match quite like that. Maybe I have but this one is different cause I have Vinod and his family plus Nivin and Praveen to watch and enjoy the match with. It was a surreal feeling. Once the match is over, we just chilled at his place (Praveen had already left by then) and talk, watched the Arsenal match a little till the ghost story time came. By then it was already 12 something in the morning almost 1. The stories told were so freaky till most of us can't even go anywhere alone. Our whole story telling episode ended by 4 something near 5 am. Vinod drop both myself and Nivin home. All I can say is, it was the best Saturday I had ever experience. Now that is one of the few I wouldn't trade it for the world. Ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment